BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Don Cole, President
- Geoff Whynot, Secretary
- Phyllis Grossman, Treasurer
- Andrew McDonald, Investment Advisor, CIBC Wood Gundy
Jon Kaplan loved theatre and theatre makers. He wrote about the Toronto theatre scene in NOW Magazine for over 30 years. He was an outspoken advocate for more diversity in Canadian theatre and his voice helped bring about much needed change. The Jon Kaplan Legacy Fund was established in 2018 to continue Jon’s work by providing financial support to theatre makers.
The Fund provides an annual award to:
- a graduating student at a post-secondary Canadian theatre school/program
- a young Canadian playwright
- a Canadian stage performer.
In addition, the Fund aims to provide financial assistance to local independent theatre artists and companies operating without regular support from traditional funders.